Sunday 17 October 2010

What's in a name?

The name of the blog may seem strange, coming from a food enthusiast, but there is an explanation.

We live in an apartment on two floors. On the first level we have only the kitchen and a storage room, everything else is upstairs, including serious distractions such as my computer and the TV.

Our cooker is electric, so I can't see a flame. Being an absent minded and easily distracted "masterchef," I have on occasions reduced to a gentle heat only to find out sometime later that I turned the wrong knob to mark 1, leaving my food boiling away on mark 6. While I'm happily surfing the internet or watching the TV, things are rapidly developing down in the kitchen.

The mad dash downstairs happens when Peter asks "Do I smell burning?"

Then we have omelette for dinner...

(I have also left one of the rings on mark 1 all night!)

No comments:

Post a Comment